On average, each week we're feeding over 400 adults and children in the Hutt Valley. That's a lot of food!
You can help to re-fill our shelves by donating food and other grocery items. There are several ways you can donate food:
- Pop a few items into the Foodbank Donation Bins when you're shopping at your local supermarket (New World Hutt City, Countdown Queensgate, PAK'nSAVE Lower Hutt and PAK'nSAVE Petone)
- Place an online shopping order for delivery to the Foodbank during our opening hours
- Hold a food drive at your club, school, church or workplace
Contact us if you need us to collect donated items from you.
Here's a list of the food and groceries we always welcome:
- Tinned foods (fruit, vegetables, meat, spaghetti, baked beans, soup
- Dried soup packets
- Tea bags, coffee, milo and milk powder
- Dried goods such as pasta, rice, noodles, flour and sugar
- Biscuits, muesli bars and other snacks
- Spreads such as jam, peanut butter and marmite
- Household items such as bar soap, soap powder, toilet rolls, toothbrushes, toothpaste, shampoo etc
- Baby food, baby milk formula, baby nappies and wipes
At the start of the week (Mondays and Tuesdays) we are grateful to receive fresh seasonal produce and bakery items to include in our food parcels. You can drop off excess homegrown fruit and vegetables, bread and other commercially baked goods to the Foodbank during our opening hours.
Please do not place them in the supermarket donation bins as they are not cleared every day.
If you have excess stock such as end-of-the-line items, change of packaging, cancelled export orders, and short-dated stock we would love to hear from you.
Please call Jane, our Service Co-ordinator on 04 568 7392 to arrange delivery.